Bi-fold doors, manufactured by Hi Lite Aluminium Products, have become extremely popular in recent years. It’s easy to understand why, given the enhanced lifestyle they provide. Bi-fold doors are suitable for patios, terraces, and other outdoor spaces.
Bi-fold doors are perfect for the pool side patio or to showcase a spectacular view. They are easily customised to suit your needs. These doors are available with any number of panels and configurations.
- Durable, low-maintenance, easy-clean aluminium profiles
- A comprehensive 10 year warranty for your peace of mind
- Easily coupled to the Hi Lite Aluminium Products range of windows and doors
- High performance hardware
- Full compliance with Australian Building Standards 2047
- Fly screens (Hawkesbury Plus)
- Invisi-Gard Security Screen Options
- A wide range of fashionable powder-coated finishes
- A variety of panel widths
- Custom panel combinations
- A variety of opening configurations
- Open to the left or to the right
- Open in or open out
Ask us about our Bi-Fold Windows too!
Simply give us a call to discuss your needs or alternatively, click the Quick Quote link below and we’ll get back to you with a Free Quotation as soon as we can!
Features and benefits of BI-FOLDS (BF)
- You can use the active door to go in and out without opening the entire door,
- You can open the entire space (generally opening outwards for correct sealing),
- You can create large open spaces; generally opening up the room by 90%,
- You can create the illusion of a larger home,
- You can rebate the sill track or use a U-channel guide track to minimize the chance of tripping (water issues need to be considered with this type of installation).
- A sashless double hung window can be placed inside the door sash to allow breeze in without opening the door
- Centor Retractable screens, https://www.centor.com.au/screens/video-screen-blind
- The vast majority of bi-folds windows and doors are top-hung meaning all of the weight is hung from the top. This needs to be considered when contemplating a bifold as structural supports will be required in the head to withstand the weight,
- You will need horizontal structural steel overhead (in the head) to bear the weight of the bifold. Therefore, this is generally not a cost effective option for the home renovator,
- In order to open and close the bi-fold, you need to unlock each section before being able to open the next section and vice versa. This can often be a problem because if you do not lock or unlock the mechanism in its correct position; you will be applying pressure to the lock and run the risk of not getting perfect alignment of the locking pin, and therefore snap the handle,
- Aluminium Bi-folds by their very nature of design have more gaps than sliding doors or stacking doors. These gaps are required for the hinges to work correctly, the doors to hang from the track, et cetera,
- If you opt for a guide track or rebated still, then water penetration can become an issue.
Bifold doors and Windows in Perth WA
Care of Your Bifolding Product
To help ensure a trouble-free life for your new Bi-fold doors, please follow these simple steps:
- Keep fingers clear of all hinging areas while operating your Multi folding doors.
- Ensure any attached active door (if applicable), is folded 180o back against the next-door panel before performing the folding operation of your Bi-fold door.
Open Out Bi-fold Doors
- When opening your folding doors, as you operate the Twin-bolt lever, ensure one hand is used to firmly pull the doors inward with the Stainless Steel “D” Hinge handle. This will ensure the top & bottom bolts are able to disengage from the head & sill correctly.
- When closing your folding doors, as you operate the locking Twin-bolt lever, ensure that one hand is used to firmly pull the doors inward with the Stainless Steel “D” Hinge handle. This will ensure that the top & bottom bolts correctly locate into the frame at the head and sill.
Open In Bi-fold Doors
- When opening your folding doors, as you operate the Twin-bolt lever, ensure one hand is used to firmly push the doors outward. This will ensure the top & bottom bolts are able to disengage from the head & sill correctly.
- When closing your folding doors, as you operate the Twin-bolt lever, ensure that one hand is used to firmly push the doors outward. This will ensure that the top & bottom bolts correctly locate into the frame at the head and sill.
- When closing your Bi-fold doors check to ensure the Twin-bolts are retracted – this can be easily identified as when the Twin-bolt levers are in the horizontal position.
Do not obstruct the exterior sill drainage holes with tiles, concrete or other floor finishing’s.
Regular vacuuming of the Bifold Sill track is highly recommended – especially in sandy areas. Build-up of debris in the sill track can restrict door operation and will cause undue wear to the bottom rollers.
What are the standard sizes for bifold doors?
Usually, bi-fold doors are designed for 1800mm width and a minimum of 2047mm height. The max opening for bi-fold doors is 2400mm height and 6090mm width. With custom option allowing you to go below the or above specs.
Do bi-fold doors open in or out?
Bifold doors are designed to open inwards or outwards depending on your preference.
Do bifold doors need a bottom track?
Internal bi-fold doors can be installed completely without bottom tracks. The bottom trackless bi-fold doors are usually installed with a top-hung system, which sees an angle bracket attaching the wall and floor with a pivot pin giving the bifold door increased flexibility to move around freely.
Can bi-fold doors have fly screens?
Simply put, yes. Retractable fly screens are available to use for bi-fold doors. Installing a bifold door to your Perth home or office can see a rise in insects wanting to enter the premise, the bifold flyscreen will help combat this issue.
Are bifold doors secure?
Most bifold doors come with a multi-locking system making them more secure than many other door styles. With inline tracking being a feature for most bifold doors, it is more difficult for intruders to pick locks or lifts the doors from its mechanism.
How much does it cost to install bifold doors in Australia?
Depending on the style of your bifold door specification the price can vary. The specifications can include the customisation of the door; the heigh; the width, number of panels and add ons such as glazing, pet doors etc.